Sunday, March 25, 2018

Day 81:Bossing Around Newbies

We have a new co-worker at work and I noticed how I want him to do as I say because I have more experience than him. There is no problem in telling how tings are done but the problem is that I want him to do as I say, going into a power trip if I am to be successful at him doing what I say. It has not worked, meaning I could say him to put the plates in a different way and he would say there is no space, when in fact there was, so the only thing that worked was that I put the plates in order myself so that he could see how it is done.

Overall I can see that I have beliefs about having authority over others for being longer on the job, which is not true. So instead of trying to boss around newbies what I'll do now is show them how it is done and that's it. I see I am not more than them, and I cannot try to boss them around, as it only indicates how I don't have autority over me when I try to have authority over others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want Y to obey me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe I have power over Y because I have been longer in the job.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that Y has to do what I say because I know how things are done and he doesn't.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be strict with Y in my mind.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe I have power over new recruits.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that antiquity in the job means I have more authority.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to have autority over myself and want to exteriorize it on Y.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I am entitled to power because of antiquity in the job.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed msyelf to believe power doensn't come from antiquity but from how much I apply common sense, how others see that what I do makes sense.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to say to Y how to do things well instead of showing him by doing.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to believe I am equal to Y.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not believe in Y for the job.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge Y as not fit/slow for the job.

I forgive myelf that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge others in the job.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to simply try to improve myself intstead of looking at how others perform.

I forgive myelf that I have accepted and allowed myself to be unfair with Y by judging him when he is still learning how to do the work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be hard on Y in my mind by judging him as slow when he is still a newbie at the job.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to see Y as a threat instead that as a valuable job peer.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to separate myself from newbies at work by believing I am more for knowing how stuff is done.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to go into a power trip by having Y do what I tell him to do.

I believe myself that I have accepted and allowed myself that if I have Y do what I say I will have power over him.

I commit myself to remind myself to not judge others.

I commit myelf to remind myself to take it back to self whenever I am being hard on others and judge others, to see where I am being hard on myself and I judge myself.

I commit myself to remind myself that being longer on the job doensn't mean I have authority over others.

I commit myelf to show Y how stuff is done by doing it not by telling.

Whenever I see that I try to 'boss Y around' I stop and I breathe, I realize that I cannot boss anyone around, that I merely have to show how it is done if I know how it is done, and that's it.

Whenever I see that I want Y to do something, I stop and I breathe. I see if I can show him by doing or if not, and if not I simply comment to him how it is done, without wanting him to do differently, I simply share what I know.




No comments:

Post a Comment